Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

High temperature in a child with bad cold. What can help back pain?

Hi my son is 9 and the whole family just got over a cold that he now has. the difference is he is running super high temps 104 105 and has gone to the doctor. tested negative for sore throat . He was able to hold fluids and food down today with out vomitting. Is complaining that his back hurts but could just be achiness and laying around alot. What to do what to do?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, fever accompanied by body aches after cold can be because of acute infection of upper respiratory tract infection. But as you have stated that the child does not has throat infection, the problem can lie in the lower respiratory tract (chest). Your history is suggestive of the infection going down but if the fever does not settle and the symptoms persist, please consult a pediatrician and you may need to start an antibiotic. Meanwhile, please give lot of steam inhalation and hot fluid sips will also help. Regards
Answered: Mon, 31 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor