Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

High sugar levels. Had a surgery on kidney in the past. Kidney function test showing mild dilation of pelvicalyceal system. What does it mean?

Sir, I had operation of right kidney a long back (almost 10 years and I have no pain since then but now I have been testing my sugar from the last 5 days and notice slight increase in blood sugar ( like : RBS:180, Post lunch 200, Fasting 150.) due to which I consulted a doctor and the Dr. suggested few investigations like kidney function tests in which it has been diagnosed that Right kidney shows mild dilatation of its pelvicalcyceal system that may suggest distal obstruction. Serum Creatinine: 0.9 mg/dl, Uric Acid : 4.3 mg/dl . Could you please elaborate this and do I need to be more concerned on this ? thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
If there is mild dilatation of the pelvi calyceal system it could be due to a small stone which has passed.
Your creatinine is 0.9 which is normal, thus the renal function appears normal.
At this point if there is no pain, bleeding or difficulty in passing urine a follow up scan in few weeks is advisable.
It is also important to keep the blood sugars and blood pressure under control to prevent long term damage to the kidneys.
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 2 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor