Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

High power in eyes, difficulty in viewing distant objects. Which surgery should I undergo?

i m david and I am from india . I have -6 and -6.25 power in left and right eye respectively. I have problem in viewing the far objects and letters. Now the main problem is I m going to give interview for Indian army and I fear rejection because of this .I want to know if I undergo any type of surgery than is it possible to know the duration of that surgery by any means? please reply me.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
as from the history you have quoted you are having near sightedness or myopia and your refractive power is -6 and -6.25 in your right eye and left eye respectively.
The surgical treatment options available in your case are
Laser refractive surgery which can be LASIK, I-LASIK, ZYOPTIX
Phakic intraocular lens implantation
Laser refractive surgeries are commonly done to correct myopia. Other surgeries like Phakic intraocular lens implantation are done in cases in which laser refractive surgeries cannot be done as in cases of presence of thin corneas.
Kindly do consult corneal surgeon who after evaluation and tests will be able to advice you the correct surgery depending on your needs.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor