Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

High fever, unable to urinate properly. Blood test shows protein, pus cells in urine. Treatment?

Hi doctor, My father who is 87 years old is a bp as well as diabetic. Presently he is down with very high fever for the past 4 days, and is not able to urinate propoerly. His recent blood culture report shows protein and puss cells in the urine, which are out of range. Currently he is antibiaotics and is under the supervision of a physician. How should we go about it as he is feeling weaker by each day. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since he is a diabetic and having severe urine infection along with fever,he should be on intravenous fluids along with injectable insulin for control of his diabetes,instead of oral anti diabetics.
Look for his kidney function tests.
Your doctor must definitely be giving antibiotics after a proper culture report.
Have trust on your doctor,as he would definitely be treating your father with utmost care.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor