Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

High fever in pregnancy, should i go to the doctor ?

I have had fever for four days with major body ache. am 35 wks and worried about my baby being harm. Questions is should i go to the er?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Take plenty of water and paracetamol.Get CBC along with urine routine examination done.If fever doesn't come down in next 48 hrs then consult your physician.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Wed, 30 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.Fever during pregnancy needs careful treatment.It is important to treat fever as prolonged fever can affect baby`s growth and can lead to some issues in baby.So please consult your doctor and get treated.In mean time drink plenty of liquids,take light diet and take proper rest.
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor