Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

High cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides. How can we bring them under control?

Hi I am G P Doctor working here in UAE age 39 i have high S. Chol 247 Trigl 113 HDL 29 LDL 130 and i am on Lipanthyl 300 mg / day for triglyceride its controlled now but i have developed high BP 140/90 some time but always 130/85 wt mild high and my question is how to control this high cholestrol and BP pleas appropriated thanks Dr Ali
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear Dr Ali, at present your BP is not that high , it is just boderline high, you can intially try to control it through nonpharmacological measures like low salt and low fat diet, weight reduction, daily aerobic exercises for 1/2 to 1 hour duration and avoiding smoking, and these measures can be tried for 6 months to control the blood pressure, if blood pressure remains under contro carry on with these things only ,if the blood pressure doesn't come under control with these measures then you can go for pharmacological treatement after consulting a doctor . Mean while you continue with your anti cholesterol medications and also get your blood sugar fasting checked
wish you best of luck
Dr Arshad
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor