Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

High blood sugar, worried about heart fail. Feeling very weak. Drinking lot of water. Advice required?

Hi. My mother was told she has type 2 diabetes . She only weighs 100 lbs and can t keep weight on. Her blood sugars are never below 200 and lately in the high 400. I feel like they have diagnosed her with the wrong thing and I am worried sick that her heart is going to fail because of these high blood sugar levels. Her brother was a type one diabetes. Do you think she has something else. Theynare retired and I feel like she doesnt go in to the doctor as often as she should, like now to er because of it costing so much. What do you think. She is very weak lately and her doctor told her tonight to just keep drinking water. What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Condition of your mother looks very bad as she requires urgent control of her blood sugar.
Uncontrolled diabetes csn lead to not only cardiovascular problems but various other micro as well as macro vascular complications.
Ideally she should be admitted ,investigated and controlled by injectable insulin.
Her weakness and increased thirst are the symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes.
Her sickness and incresed thirst gives a suspicion of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor