High blood pressure levels. Need to be worried?

I am 46 year old and have a BP reading of 128/88. Should I be concerned. I have just started a healty eating program and regular exercise in the form of cardio, HIIT and weightlifting. My current weight and fat levels are too high and so I am using the exercise program to significantly reduce. My current weight is 84kgs with a height of 172cm. My lean to fat ration is 78% to 22%.
Thu, 23 May 2013

Well the blood pressure mostly depends upon the surface area of the body, being little bit on the heavy side the surface area is higher and hence the heart has to increase the blood pressure so that all surfaces are covered.

Now for the main question yes, you should be little worried about the blood pressure, but I would recommend you to see a near by physician and get your self checked.

Diet modification plays a major role in BP reduction along with weight reduction and exercise.

I would like you to restrict salt intake and try to reduce some weight, as well as get your self checked for blood cholesterol level.

hope it helps.
dr. JAY PATEL