Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

High blood pressure, hand tingling. Have abdominal hernia. Should I quit smoking?

i took my blood presure it was high i think 159 109 090 at times i feel lite headed some tinkle in my hands i dont think it is numness im 6 .2 weigh 265 i have a aduminal hurnia i work 65 too 75 hrs a week and i have some teenagers that latly have been causing lots of stress when i get upset my chest feels it needs too crack i smoke and do no i need to quit i do not take any vitamins so i would like to no what i should take and do i checked my blood it was 5.4 any advise
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. you should check your blood pressure two more times in different days to see if it is constantly elevated. Then, there are some ways to decrease it without any medications. If you do physical exercise regularly you can decrease it about 10 to 12 for the upper part of pressure. If you take any added salt to your food and do not take any food which has preservative, you will help to its decrease as well. You can ask your doctor to see if you need any medication as well. Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor