Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

High blood pressure, discomfort in upper body while breathing, leading an active life. BP medication required?

Hi ,I m 40yrs old male with active lifestyle like going gym regularly and walking to dutyplace which is 45 mins a day.recently i checked my bp and found to be 120/90 but my doctor told not to worry just minimise salt intake.I sometimes feel little discomfort in my upper part especially while breathing .what to do , should I take medicine ?pls advice.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Your doctor is right you do not need to worry as 120/90 is normal or borderline blood pressure. Systolic blood pressure more than 139 and diastolic more than 90 is considered to be high.However, single reading of BP is not enough to diagnose, so you should check your BP regularly.
You need to elaborate what type of upper body discomfort you are experiencing, it may be due to muscular activities.

You can prevent high blood pressure to develop by regular exercise, healthy diet, low salt intake and reducing stress.

Hope it helps,

Take care1
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor