Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

High blood pressure after eating, dizziness, pressure goes back to normal. Treatment?

High blood pressure question. My 15 yr old daughter has normal bp , but always after eating her bp raises slightly making her dizzy for a few minutes,then goes back to normal. Were keeping track of this and her pcp is considering sending her to an endocrinologist . My boyfriends bp has had a steady rate of 150 over 100. Until such time as I can get him into a doc, what can I do to help lower it?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
usually after eating blood flow stomach is increased and the blood flow to brain is decreased slightly so you feel sleepy. slight raise in bp is insignificant. if her weight is in normal range and other symptoms or complaints no need for endocrinology consultation. regarding your boyfriend bp it is definitely higher and he can start walking diet /salt control and exercise to reduce bp if it fails he can start on drugs after consulting a physician
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor