Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

High bilirubin levels due to jaundice. Dark urine. Recovery?

Hie Doctor
my husband is 47yrs about 5 week ago he got jaundice he was hospitalised and he was given vit b n k for 3 wks but no help after sme weeks he started feeling pains when he go to toilet and we had travelled to zimbabwe might it be malaria all what herevthey are failing to know whats the cause his birrubin was recorded high and the urine is still coffee
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
There are many causes for jaundice and it is almost impossible to comment on the cause without knowing the results of the investigations.
The minimum investigations needed would be:
Fasting Sugar
Ser. Creatinine
Liver Function tests
Abdominal ultrasound

If possible Viral marker studies like Hepatitis B antigen would help too but the above are a bare minimum required to diagnose and treat jaundice.
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor