Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

High WBC count with trace protein. Why is there pain? What can I do? Seroos infection?

I have large wbc and large blood with trace protien I UA took batruim DS x 7 days bid still have the same UA result 4 days after finishing antibiotics . Tired. Frequency urgency and mild flank pain no fever symptoms tod several weeks. Am I in danger of seroos infection if I don t get further treatment as I have no insurance or money to pay for medical tx.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. high WBC [white blood cells] count in URINE as suggested by UA [urine analysis] is usually due to a bacteria infection which can be urinary tract infection [UTI], bladder infection or kidney infection.
2. trace proteinuria may be a normal finding or due to UTI.
3. large blood [injury to glomerulus] with trace protein [glomerular dysfunction] suggests acute glomerulonephritis. [If there is infection of the kidneys or the bladder or if there is inflammation due to the presence of stones, immune disorders, allergies or growths anywhere along the genitourinary system, blood can get into the urine.]
4. Ask your Doctor to Assess for Renal Function;
. Glomerular function [creatinine clearance]
. Tubular function [specific gravity].. to rule out complications from acute glomerulonephritis like: ARF [acute renal failure], infections of urinary and respiratory tract

i. White cells are most likely to be seen where infection is present as these are the cells,which combat microorganisms.
ii. your doctor will send a sample of urine for CST [culture and sensitivity test] to identify any microorganisms and to decide which antibiotic would be the most appropriate one to use in order to eradicate the infection.
iii. bactrim DS [sulfamethoxazole+ trimethoprim] is generally given in cases of uncomplicated urine infections, and if UA is same the further workup and possible referral to a urologist for additional testing to identify structural or functional abnormalities is needed.
iv. drink plenty of fluids and water,do NOT drink fluids that irritate the bladder, such as alcohol and caffeine.
v. flank pain is more common with upper UTIs whereas Lower UTIs typically resolve after a course of antibiotic therapy, so either there is improper antibiotic selection; or presence of unsuspected upper UTI, which requires a longer course of antibiotic therapy; or a complication.

Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor