Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

High SGPT & SGOT level, hepatitis B. Will it affect personal life?

How I can reduce SGPT & SGOT level ? I used to drink & smoke which I stopped since last four months , however I am not able to see any improvement ? I am suffering from Hepatitis B since more than 10 years , but i those ten years , I have not find any complication in my daily routine or health. Can you advise how can I be sure that it will not affect my personal life /
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, nuts_on_line,
You have been diagnosed with Hepatitis-B for ten yers now.
You continue to show abnormal liver enzymes eventhough
you say that you are functioning normally. The problem with
chronic hepatitis is , it can gradually progress to advanced liver
disease including cirrhosis and lead to liver cancer. You have not
been on any treatment for the condition. You don't want to wait
till it is too late. I advice you to see a gastroenterologist or an
infectious disease specialist who takes care of hepatitis patients
and has a large group of them. You need someone with experience
on how to handle the complications or side effects from the good
medications that are now available. The sooner you get the treatment,
chances for cure are better.
Hope you do this soon for your own sake.
I wish you well.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor