High SGOT and triglyceride levels. Abdominal scan says fatty liver. Occasional alcohol consumption. Prescribed with fibroscan. Safe?

Hi Dr.XXXXXX, How r u doing today ? This is Dr.Praveen from India...
My brother's SGOT & Triglyceride levels are elevated. He got his USG-Abd done and the report says he has Fatty liver.. He is occasional alcoholic. He consulted a gastro-enterologist and he prescribed my brother Heptral tablets for 3 months and advised to take a Fibroscan.. Is it necessary to take fibroscan ?
Fri, 5 Sep 2014