Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

High BP under control due to strict diet. Should I take medicines or control it through diet?

i am 21...i was having meat for around 7 days and alcohol for 20 days on a regular basis...then i checked my blood pressure was astonishing to see that it was 160 by 100...i was really scared..then i controlled my diet for 4 days without any medication and it came down to 140 by 90...should i go for medication or should i go on for diet control...please help me out
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
If your diastolic blood pressure remains more than 90 for consecutive reading at different time of day
you need cardio vascular work up to diagnosed the reason of hypertension.
Your kideny function & Lipid profile along with Liver function test also should need to take a look as you are taking alcohol regularly.
After diagnosing your status yourdoctor should advised you to avoid fat or alcohol.
Answered: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor