Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

High BP, palpitations chest pain, dizziness, bloated feeling

hi I am a 47yr old female 160lbs. I have consistently high BP for last 6 months. It ranges from 140/95 to 155/100. I have palpitations all the time which is worse at night time chest pain , light headed, bloated i have to go to the toilet frequently during the night roughly every 2 hrs. my heart beat ranges from 100-155 BPM. I feel dizzy constantly and feel I will pass out. Recently I have started to break out in cold sweats.I also have difficulty breathing and get chest pain just from walking upstairs. My father suffered from angina and died of a massive heart attack . my uncle had a hole in his heart and also died of heart attack. I am not on med, Gave up cigarettes 2 years ago and rarely drink. I am very concerned that I may have heart problems . What do you suggest I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Madge
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  202
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello! After carefully reviewing your problems, there appear some significant aspects,
1) Family history of deaths of first degree relatives &
2) Constant rise of the blood pressure
3) A continuous, intermittent state of symptoms with tendency to increase during night hours
All these symptoms point towards an intra-cardiac conduction defect like SVT (Supraventricular tachyarrhythmias) or a congenital prolonged QT interval.
You must have an immediate ECG & consultation with an eminent cardiologist, as all these diseases are very much treatable, especially if SVT, then you will be cured completely with RFCA (Radiofrequency intracardiac catheter ablation), or if it is found to be a long QT syndrome, an implant of ICD (Implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
Thanks & take care of yourselves!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

hello after reviewing your questions and symptoms I suggest that your history is very much suggestive of some cardiac problem. You must get your ECG done by some cardiologist and see some cardiologist for evaluation of problem. I would also advice to get this following test done

1.     Blood sugar

•     Fasting

•     Random

2.     Lipid profile

If you will have some ECG problem, you need to be evaluated by Echo and EET for ischemic heart disease

Best regards and good wishes for your health

Dr.Ijaz Nasir

Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor