Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

High BP, moodiness, angry outbursts. Mild heart attack or stroke symptoms?

my 58 yr old father has been having major problems with high blood pressure . recently he has had significant personality changes, moodiness, bursts of anger, things that are completely opposite of his normal personality. he feels he is perfectly fine and its the world with the problem. could he have had a mild heart attack or stroke?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
I am a jr. to Cardiologist. No their is no Heart attack or stroke your father has suffered. The personality change may be age related or can be caused due to constant high blood pressure. In my opinion consult with your Psychiatrist and take a opinion from him. Also keep a check on Blood pressure, if it is constantly high than try to control it with proper medication. High blood pressure may cause stroke in the future.
Try to keep your father busy in some work in which he is interested and not let him feel that is a alone or has no work to do. Rest please follow the advises of your Psychiatrist.
Best Wishes
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia
Health Care Magic
Answered: Sat, 21 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor