High BP is hypertension, but what is a high pulse called ?

High blood pressure is hypertension, but what's a high pulse called?
I have a weak heart from anthracycline therapy. I see my cardiologist at least once a year and check my blood pressure daily. my blood pressure is normal, but my pulse is usually between 80 and 130 beats per minute. My cardiologist said its because I need more aerobic exercise, but he didnt give it a name. Does anyone know if there is a medical term for a consistently high pulse? Well that was a dumb question...I totally forgot about that part of my physio class. Since I've got you all here, what are the negative effects of tachycardia on the body? I mean, is it really that big of a deal?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009