Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

High BP and tightness in my chest, please advise me the treatment

25 years old high blood pressure and tightness in my chest i am 25 years old, i smoke and rarley exersise i eat pretty healthy but recently i have had some pressure in my chest to the right, i was at my fiances house and we were checking blood pressures because they had bought one for his dad and mine was 144 over 108 with heart rate 96.... i had been outside walking from the neighbors house to theirs but nothing extreme.. the pressure is still in my chest it doesnt hurt very bad but its there and im worried, i know that i should consult my doctor but i have no insurance and no time, ever! please give me as much advice as you can
Asked On : Sun, 18 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  506
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
A lot of things can factor in to your BP, but that is high, escpecially for someone your age. You may feel like you have no time, but it's important that you make some. There should be clinics or urgent care somewhere near you that will except less payment, sliding scale, or payment plans. You should definately look into what's going on with your BP. At the very least, you should stop smoking and exercise daily (even if only for a half hr walk), watch your diet. There are foods that can help you lower your BP, but generally, just eating healthy works well. ex: less fats and complex carbs, less alcohol... good luck
Answered: Wed, 29 Sep 2010
Cardiac Surgeon Dr. Chander Mohan Mittal's  Response
you need to reduce your salt intake and fatty food intake. if after reducing salt intake you still have high bp then get atleast basic investigations in the form of chest x-ray and ecg.
take care
Answered: Wed, 12 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor