1. As Ultrasound
along with blood tests came fine, thus Secondary causes can be ruled out as the cause of hypertension.
2. Immediately getting of this medicine can result in rebound hypertension
and shooting up of blood pressure to higher levels, so it is wise to Consult with your Cardiologist regarding the same, and if you want to get off this medicine one has to taper the dose according to the response and after consulting with your Attending Physician.
Low salt Diet: total salt intake should not exceed 2.5 grams per day
no extra salt should be taken during meals.
use Losalt where salt is essential.
Avoid salt rich food: pickles,papad,sauce,cheese,salted butter-biscuits-peanuts/cashews-butter milk,popcorns,wafers
4. Take potassium rich foods like grapes,mosumbi.
5. Avoid saturated oils-use mono saturated oils,avoid all deep fried foods, unskimmed milk.
6. Increase fibre intake i.e. leafy vegetables, salads,fruits,pulses and legumes
7. Use skimed or double toned low fat milk.