Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

High ADNase titre. Children also developed this disorder. Will antibiotics fix this problem? Profolaxis needed?

Do we have rheumatic fever? I have a ADNase titre of 1200, before that it was 450, and prior to that it was 600. This suggests to me reinfection? My 3 young children have all developed tic disorders over the past 11/2 years and also have ADNase titres of 450-600? One has bleeding noses, one complains of a sore heart at times and 2 sometimes complain of abdominal pain . I am getting nowhere with my doctor and have only had the strep tests upon my request. Will a single dose of antibiotics fix this or do we need profolaxis? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I understand that your main concern is whether you have Rheumatic fever or not. There are certain criteria that have to be met to diagnose Rheumatic fever (not just repeated elevation of ADNase titre), which include few major criteria like Carditis, Polyarthritis, Subcutaneous nodules etc and minor criteria like fever, joint pains, ECG changes etc. Confirmation of diagnosis can be done when two major or one major and two minor criteria are present. Moreover, there has to be evidence of recent streptococcal infection.

Regarding your kids symptoms like bleeding nose, abdominal pain etc I suggest that you take them to a Pediatrician in order to make a correct diagnosis by doing a physical examination.

And regarding use of antibiotics, first a firm diagnosis has to be established to know whether a single dose of antibiotics would fix this or there is need for prophylaxis.

Take Care!

Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor