Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Hiccups and feeling blockade of chest

Often, when I start eating I sort of have a few hiccups and the feeling of a blockage in my chest . At its worst, I can t swallow even water. It usually passes after a few minutes, and I think I can help it with deep breaths as I feel it coming on. It is sporadic, though my wife believes it happens most when eating bread.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  315
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You need to be evaluated to establish the cause of recurrent hiccups. It may be functional without any cause. But sometimes glands in the thorax or a tumour can irritate the phrenic nerve and cause hiccups. Or you could be having oesophageal spasm which is causing difficulty in swallowing. A chest Xray should be done and if further indicated a CT Scan Of chest and endoscopy should be done. In the meanwhile take a tablet of Pantaprozole-40 mgm and a tablet of itopride-150mgm.
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor