Hi while walking yesterday I took a fall and landed

Hi while walking yesterday I took a fall and landed on my right arm. I went to see a ortho doctor and they took x-rays of my right forearm. No fractures, dislocation or abnormality noted. He pretty much said i just took a bad fall.
But I'm unable to straighten my arm. it is a little swollen by the elbow. Unable to reach behind my head. Difficulty taking my shirt off. A shooting sensation when I turn it a certain way (like turning the doorknob). So I'm fine with knowing nothing is broken but my question is i know I had a bad fall but why so much pain and limited movement. Is it a strain or something?
Sat, 3 Nov 2018