Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Hi, I am suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

hi i am priti suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, many surgeon are of the that it is a burnt out disease , sir my hip and knee joints are also dislocated, i want to know whether it will be curable by surgery or not
i am priti, suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis from the age 2 years. Up to 30 years i had no pain in my joints. But now i have pain in my hip joints (my knee patella is dislocate, and also hip joint is fused) many surgeons opinioned that it is burnt out disease. I want to know whether my case is curable by surgery or not please answer me
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Hi Priti
did you take any medicines during last so many years ??
There are several good medications to control this disease from progressing but the damage cannot be reversed unfortunately.
Yes surgically there are many options available. Joint Replacement can be an option for us. But i recommend you to start good medications first and then go for surgery. Because disease progression has to be stopped first./////////////
Also take good NSAIDS or painkillers and cartilage repairing medicines by consulting a physician that suit you best.
Good Luck!!!!!!
For further queries mail me anytime at
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
why don't you simply consult a diabetologist
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor