Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
187 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi, I am a 77 year old male in excellent

Hi, I am a 77 year old male in excellent condition. For the past five years I have had a number of cat scans and MRI for minor back problems. For five years the radiologist has (also) noted two stones in my ureter which are "just sitting there - doing nothing." My GP suggested that I have this looked at by a urologist. These stones haven't move for five years and I HAVE NO PAIN or SYSTEMS. A couple of months ago I saw a urologist for another condition and brought along my ureter test results. After, yet, another cat scan, my urologist wants me to have a ureteroscopy ..UNDER GENERAL ANESTHESIA ! I have never had general anesthesia and don't want to do this procedure just so the Doc can have "a look see," also requiring a follow up visit to remove the stint (again) under general anesthesia. Are there any alternatives for me.
Mon, 22 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

Loading Online Doctors....
Hi, I am a 77 year old male in excellent