Hi Dr, The back of my head behind my ears

Hi Dr,
The back of my head behind my ears is sore.
It is only sore to press against the back of my head.
If I place my hands over my ears,
the pain is between where metacarpus and distal phalange of the hands lie over my ears.
I think I have had this for months.
But I never notice it until I press the back of my head.
Then I forget about it.
What does this mean?
Thank you for the help.
Sun, 27 May 2018

Hi, I am 71 and have had migraines from 18 till 55-60 yrs then started on Imigran. They were then controlable. For the last 4 years I now wake 1-2 times every night with a muscular stabbing pain behind the left ear which travels up to the base of the skull then freezes the neck. I take 25mg-50mg depending on the pain with hot bean bag compresses and the pain will normally disappear over a1-2 hour period. Sometimes if the last episode is just before normal get up time it will hang around all day despite medication. A CT Scan has shown no abnormality in the neck or head region. I have tried various preventatives and natural remedies without success.

Hi. I have really bad teeth, that a little at a time I have been getting pulled out due to costs. I had an infection for the better part of 4 or 5 months but it didn t abcess until recently. I could just feel a huge puss pocket. I finally got it pulled after being on 4 rounds of antibiotics on the 18th. It is a top back molar on my left side. The dentist informed me that the infection had completely eaten away the whole bone leaving my sinuses or sinus cavity exposed. Ever since then I have not been able to breathe out of my left nostril. I have been having pain since then in my jawbone on that side. Each day it gets worse but it s spreading. Now its right in the front of my ear a little above, in my ear, behind my ear and then wraps around the back of my head. The pain just gets worse each day. The dentist told me it shouldnt be hurting and he doesnt know what it is. I do not have medical insurance as well, so Im tryin to avoid hefty ER bills if I dont need to go. I m just concerned this could be something more serious. Do you have any idea what this could be or what I should do? Thank you, Jennifer Duffy

Hi, I have extreme tenderness at th back of the head where the neck starts. I think this is called the occipital bone? I also have a small painful lump behind my left ear and when pressure is applied it hurts quite bad. Im 35 years old woma, 173cms and 94-95kgs. I was 80ish kgs till a year ago untill i started suffering chronic lower back pain around the area of my sacrum , coccyx and hip area and became very depressed and was quite sore when i woke in the morning. The back pain restricted my excercise and i gained 25-30kgs. I have in the last 4months lost 10kgs but the pain has not improved which my doctor said it would. If anything recently it has worsened. Im wondering if my back & sore head are related. The sore head and lump concern me but my back & hip pain are the worse problem. It has affected my family life quite badly and im getting quite depressed and even thoughts of suicide enter my head. I take 20mgs oxycontin twice a day & 5mgs oxynorm 3 times a day, this used to help slightly but recently it has stopped easing the pain. I also have two lumps on my lower back(episacral lipomas i think they may be called) which are very painful. My back pain is worse from sitting for long periods, driving and being on my feet for long periods. Lying down and resting only eases the pain slightly. The pain often radiates down my buttocks and into my legs. Please do you have any idea on either of my problems? Im at my wits endThankyou