Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Hernia on pubic bone, above penis, protrudes on standing for longer time, causes dull pain when out. Type of hernia and cure?

I took a shot of testoteron 250mg once only my prostate enlarged to 45 from 35. This caused a hernia left side of pubic bone well above the penus. It goes back to maximum extent but not fully a monor portion remains which is hardly felt. When i stand for longer time it protrutes out or when i paly table tennis. It has a dull pain when it is out. soem times gastric type (passing of gas can be felt and sudden developement of pain which subsides in minutes) What type of hernia is it and can it be cured without surgry. If surgery is chosen will it effect my potency.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.
It is called inguinal hernia.
Surgery is the best line of treatment. It will not affect potency.
Truss- compression with a special belt is mentioned only to be condemned and it is history.

Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor