Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Hernia. Suggest cure other than surgical intervention

I m 28 yrs. male from India. Don t want to undergo surgical intervention. lease suggest another way. Central and right postero-lateral disc extrusion at L5-S1 level.There is right sided intraforaminal herniation as well. Bilateral exiting nerve root compression is seen at L5-S1 level.(right left) Mild disc bulge at L4-L5 level causing compromisation of bilateral lateral recess & bilateral neural foramina. No suggestion of secondary spinal canal stenosis .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Treatment in your case are both surgical and conservative.
Since you don't want surgical intervention ,physiotherapy can be tried first. Ultrasound therapy and trans cutaneous electric nerve stimulation can be given first in acute pain. Exercises can be follow that. In long term, result of physiotherapy and surgery are the same.
If pain is severe and persistent, surgery is the choice.
Now a days, for pain management, ozone ablation and radiofrequency ablation are also done.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor