Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Hemorrhoids, painful. Lack of fiber diet. Suggest?

I am 22 and have experienced hemerrhoids a few times since I was about 20 due to lack of fibre in my diet and I smoke sometimes . Recently though , I had a hemerrhoid present itself outside my anus and now it has gotten bigger than I have ever had one before , the pain has been mild to severe for 2 days , this is the third day and the pain is going down but the hemerrhoid appears to be the same size ( bigger than normal ) I have tried pushing it back in , this brings comfort but it appears to not push the vain back in . Shud I visit the doctor or will this go away ?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
First degree Haemorrides can go of itself if proper care is taken that to avoid constipation by taking plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and decreasing protein content of diet. If constipation still persists in spite of all above measures, taking laxative. Second degree haemorrides needs active treatment like banding or getting them removed surgically. Consult a general surgeon who may examine you and may perform proctoscopy/sigmoidoscopy on you to confirm the diagnosis and may decide the procedure accordingly
Hope this answers your question
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor