Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Hemorrhoids or fistula, blood in poo, medication ?

Hi Doctor, I am 42 years old and I have a problem which is I think haemorrhoids or fistula . Sometime these is a blood come out from my ass after I did the poo sorry for telling this but really I am suffering from that. And I don t want to go to the doctor to see me you know..... it is difficult for me!!! I am not sure I think because I spend much time setting on the chair doing my research as I am a PhD student? I am suffering from this issue since three years ago. So, I appreciate if you could find me a solution or advice me to use any medication . Thanking you in advance Osamah
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
It is very difficult as well as unscientific to prescribe treatment without proper clinical evaluation and diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult a General Surgeon in your area and get youself examined and the condition properly diagnosed. Once a diagnosis is made then specific treatment can be started.
Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Naresh Kumar Reddy Gudla's  Response
Medications are less useful in hemorrhoids/fistula/fissures.Surgical management will only be the curative for the above conditions.I can understand your problem in consulting a doctor, still I advice you to consult a surgeon.If not ,you can try Sitz bath.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor