Hello, my question relates to an oral diabetes drug, Prandin,

Hello, my question relates to an oral diabetes drug, Prandin, a generic. My doctor recently took me off Metformin and while Januvia worked well, it started sleepwalking. My home is on the banks of a lake, so caused another switch. I take Glimipiride with it. My question...how soon should I see whether Prandin is working? I had a 30-day prescription and did not see results until I began a CKD diet and numbers began to fall from high 200s to this morning's 116. Should I ask to continue Prandin for awhile? It is a Tier 1 and the weekly injection drug my physician is suggesting is more than ten times more expensive and will put me into my insurance's donut hole for more of each year. Thank you.
Thu, 25 Oct 2018