Hello, Thank you for taking my question. I have been

Hello, Thank you for taking my question.

I have been taking a low dose of prednisone (10mg tapered to 2 mg ) for 1 year to treat Polymyalgia Rhueumatica. My doctor was hoping I would go into remission, but this did not occur. I am still experiencing enough pain and stiffness that it is interfering with daily activities.

My doctor is suggesting Lodine or Meloxicam but i am reluctant. My body responds to prednisone in doses of 4mg so I would like to continue with the prednisone. I understand there are side effects to taking prednisone long term but based on my research it would appear the risks of taking a low dose of 4mg is minimal compared to the risk of starting Lodine or Meloxicam.

My question is do I need to change medications? My last sed rate was 35.
Fri, 12 Oct 2018