Hello, Last month I took Erythromysin for a gum abcess.

Hello, Last month I took Erythromysin for a gum abcess. I did get some loose mucous stool and seemed to tolerate it fine except I was also using Perio mouth rinse and my mouth became very red and irritated. we did not know if it was from the rinse of drug, so after 5 days I stopped taking it. 4-5 weeks later the gum abcess is starting to show again. My dentist recommended Zythromax (not the generic as I do better with the brand names). I have read lots of horror stories abut this drug, however, because of my history (allergies) I am given a suspension liquid and can take adjusted doses that seem to work well for me. The medication Erythromysin did work well but because of the mouth reaction I was told to stop it. I will be taking the suspension again and feel the drugs work well for me but I cannot take high does (history of anaphalyxis) . My doctors feels this will still be effective - would you agree? Also since I am almost 70, is this drug a concern regarding heart isues?
Mon, 27 Jul 2015
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Erythromycin doesn't suit you. Still trying to continue is compulsion of doctors because of allergic reactions possibility with other drugs. Intestinal flora are bound to suffer and cause lose stools etc. Abscess in gums is a problem. You cannot prevent side effects of Erythromycin by default.

To my own such patients, the best choice with me is Arimedadi or IRIMEDADI oil which is a herbal oil specially designed for mouth Ulcers, abscesses etc. Flavour may not be good, smell may not be good. But 100% efficacious, 100% safe. Pure herbal. Few ml. of it to be taken in mouth, swished here or there and gargles. Few minutes later spit it out. Keep mouth open. Let saliva come out. Even if it goes down the throat, its not harmful except bad feeling. In few days abscess will be cleaned, swelling gone, healing done. May do twice to thrice a day too. Good for gums, good for tooth roots too.

It's common in India but elsewhere one has to try to find it on net. We may help you in that.

Hope it helps you a lot.