Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

195 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hello, I have a history of thyroid cancer and my

Hello, I have a history of thyroid cancer and my endocrinologist wants my TSH to remain low, so 6 months ago he reduced me from 75 mcg to 50 mcg of Levothyroxine. When I went in today to see him he was concerned because my TSH was 22.21. He is increasing me back to 75 mcg of Levothyroxine and I am to have repeat labs in 2 months. Is a TSH level of 22.21 a real concern and could that be why I am having some moments of dizziness?
Fri, 5 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a history of thyroid cancer and recently was told i have bone spurs in my neck since i was told from my doctor that if the cancer came back it could go to my brain or my bones, so is there any chance that i could get the cancer in that are of my neck seeing that it involves my bones

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor I got the all clear from thyroid cancer seven weeks ago the last three days the left side of my neck is a little swollen and my legs hurt and sometimes my feet hurt to start d on I m on eltroxin150 I m 52 female 9and half stone I have mild infacima low iron level 9 point two I had all my thyroid out it was cancer I got the all clear seven weeks ago I m very tired every day

doctor1 MD

Hi. I have a history of FVPTC and Renal cell cancer, and most recently Phylloides tumor which was removed with positive margins (waiting on referral for 2nd opinion). My question relates to the thyroid cancer. I was diagnosed in 2012, have had a complete thyroidectomy and a central neck dissection in May of 2013. 2 months later, they detected another recurrence in my suprasternal notch, and have only been monitoring it for the last year. However, recent US results show it has doubled in size to 2.3cm with signifigant blood flow on Doppler. I see my ENT tomorrow. Anyway, recent TG tests show an increase in levels to 10.5. I ve never had RAI, as my Rad Onc decided against it, even after my recurrence last year. Due to the bad US results, my GP has ordered an iodine scan for mid Sept. would I need surgery prior to ablation? They have me off my Synthroid in prep for the scan. My tg has been all over the place the last 2 years. As high as 350, normally hovering around 16 (unstimulated). My last Thyrogen test with PET/CT showed my TG at 273 (Sept 2013). Why I m confused is obviously I need to be treated with RAI, but the cancer agency discharged me without doing so. So now I m going off of instinct instead of medical care! What do you recommend regarding a second neck dissection? Is it safe to operate for the 4th time in that area? Should the doctors on my case be doing more considering my 3 time cancer history?

Loading Online Doctors....