Hello I had an Angiogram AND AN ecg Loop fitted

Hello
I had an Angiogram AND AN ecg Loop fitted about 3 months ago due to getting intermittent palpitations. These could get very strong at times and could not be picked up on a 24hour ECG.
There is a strong family history with my Dad and his Dad who both passed away at 56 with heart problems.
My Dad had problems for years with several heart attacks, he had a triple bypass at 39 this was 40 years ago.
Due to family history and my c0lestral slowly raising over the years, the Dr suggested the above treatment.
I was happy to go ahead for piece of mind now I am 55.
During the procedure I was screaming in pain. Afterwards I was told that my Artery must have gone into spasm.
When I returned home I was in pain and could hardly sleep due to the pain. I phoned the hospital to see the consultant. He sent me straight down to radiology to scan my veins, it turned out that I had a clot at entry site in my wrist and another near my elbow. I have since seen a consultant who specializes in Arteries and veins, he has informed me that I have a total block of the Artery down one side of my arm. He doesn't seem concerned as my hand is being fed by the other vain.
Is there any risk to my health due to this problem. Can it travel or break off and cause any problems such as a stroke.
Please can you advise .
Thank You
Sat, 20 Oct 2018