Hello, About 1 year ago I was eating a medium

About 1 year ago I was eating a medium sized meal and experienced a sharp jolt of pain my upper abdomen and lower right shoulder area.

The pain lasted for a few weeks and I had to breathe very shallowly for the first few days as taking a deep breath would cause the pain to come back very intensely (especially in my lower right shoulder).

This sharp pain eventually went away but I experienced discomfort in my lower right shoulder for a few months. I also noticed slight bruising with a slight red mark in the middle on my skin above the lower right ribs.

Lately the bruising has become a bit worse and it is also slightly swollen.

I'm feeling a strange pain that pulsates every once in a while (15 minutes or so) right now and it is again felt in the upper abdomen and lower right shoulder.

Can you help me figure out what this may be, how serious it is, and what steps I should take next? Thank you.
Tue, 23 Oct 2018