Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Heavy spotting after unprotected sex, should i consult a doctor ?

i'm in a fix. I got my period this month on the 4th of April and i usually bleed for about 5 days. I had unprotected sex on the 13th of May , after which i took Norlevo. I did not experience any nausea. But however since the 18th of April i have noticed some heavy spotting. what could the reason be? i'm terribly worried. should i consult a doctor?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
It may be due to hormonal disturbances caused by Tab. Norlevo Eventhough you will have to consult a doctor and it will be advisable for you to avoid taking such tblets without supervision of a doctor.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I started what I thought was my period 2 and a half weeks ago, the first day was all brown discharge and then the second day I had what looked like a normal period for a few hours then it went back to the brown discharge. This has been going on for 2 and a half weeks. Some days it is very thick, and some days it looks just like a normal period except for the fact that it is completely brown. it isn t too heavy of a flow but it is consistent and has been going on everyday since it started. I don t feel sick, and I haven t had cramps or pain at all. I took an at home pregnancy test because i was worried I might have been spotting but it came back negative. I do typically get brown discharge after my periods, which I know is normal, I am just concerned that it has been going on for almost 3 weeks. Is this normal, and what are the possibilities of what it could be? I plan on seeing my doctor sometime this week I would just like to know what could be going on! I am also not on birth control or anything, and I am sexually active, also I am 21 years old. Thanks!!

doctor1 MD

I am 44 year old woman who has always had normal periods, recently for the last 4 months i see light brown spot before my actual period, which last only a day than after 2-3 days my actual period starts which ends normally with 5 days. I didn t take any test done. I am worried if there is anything wrong with me, do i need to take any test? what test?. thanks.

doctor1 MD

I got hit in the tibia just superior to my medial malleolus with a hockey puck early last May. I saw my doctor and he said I didn t need an x-ray because I was walking fine and had good movement. A week after I got hit, I developed what my doctor said was cellulitis at the site of the injury and I was put on antibiotics, which cleared up the infection. It s now November and with any exercise (mild, like a day of walking, or moderate, like playing hockey) I develop swelling and pain at the injury site. Last weekend I also started having pain in my arch associated with swelling and pain in my leg where I got hit. Should I just keep waiting it out to see if it heals or go seek a second opinion?