Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Heavy periods, discomfort in the lower abdomen, nausea. Have endometriosis. Any help?

I have endometriosis, and just had a really heavy period last month. With huge blood clots and blood gushing out like a waterfall. This month I haven't had my period. and I have been feeling weired feelings on my lower left abdomen. I was woundering if my endometriosis can turn into cancer. I've been getting sick alot more then I usually do. fatigue, nausea. What could be the problem, please help me out?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.

There are very remote chances of endometriosis turning into cancer. It is seen in 0.6 - 0.8% cases of ovarian endometriosis.

Your symptoms are probably due to premenstrual period. If you have been sexually active, you should also do a pregnancy test to rule out the same.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor