Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Heavy flab over belly after years of delivery, get painful periods, pain during urination, farting. Help?

I had a baby delivered by c section 2 years ago and ever since then my belly has been massive especially at the top under my ribs, I still look like I m pregnant. About 5 months ago a week after my period I started having these really bad pains, when I push to even go for a wee it really hurts ( my pain threshold has gone up since having contractions but it is still very painful) I m in pain now and no I m blocked up down there as haven t gone for a poo for a couple of days but it hurts so much I can t push, I get shooting pains up my left side. I no this might sound stupid but I m in even worse agony when a fart is brewing but I can t do nothing about it. It s happened every month for the past 5 months either a week before I m due or a week after but goes away within about 5 days. I just don t understand how I can be in so much pain. Please help. Emily
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The thick flap over the abdomen is due to loosening of the abdominal muscles and fat deposition during the pregnancy. This can only be decreased with a diet control and regular abdominal exercises.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor