Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Heavy bloated and severely constipated with a painful stomach

Im 24 year old female,not on any medication, diet is ok ie plenty of fibre fruit,smooties,fluids. my bowel movement has never been great but i used to go 1-2 times a week. For last 6 weeks i had no bowel movement at all,feel bloated,sick,swollen and painful stomach and now pain in lower back and sides,my friend suggested i take senakot tablets,mixed seeds (help digestive system) and plenty of fibre. I started doing this and have only managed 1 small movement which was strained and hard. I know this is not normal!! I dont know what else to do or what to take? im willing to do anything before having to go to my doctor please help me
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  428
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you have got absolute constipation.
Take strong laxative to clear your full loaded stool.
it is possible that you might have partial int obstruction as severe pain and abdomen is swelled.
If require go for ultra sound abdomen.
Go for Enema.
Take plenty of water,green veggies contain more fibre.
If constipation associated with vomiting then consult surgeon to rule out complete intestinal obstruction.
Manual removal of hard foecal stool may required.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor