Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Heavy bleeding during periods, advised uterus removal. Another doctor advised OvralG. Solution ?

My mother during her periods bleeds heavily.The doctor prescribed her operation for removal of uterus .She consulted another doctor.She told there is no need for operation yet and gave her medicine OVRAL-G for 20 days.The next month she didnt took the medicine due to trouble in sleeping.In the next periods she again bleeded heavily.She took ETAMIC tablet to stop heavy bleeding .What she should do? Is there any permanent cure?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
Permanent treatment of heavy bleeding is removal of uterus .
However if she is nearing menopause, medical treatment with oral contraceptive pills can give some relief.
It is an individual decision.
Discuss with your Gynecologist advantages and disadvantages of both.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor