Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Heavy bleeding. Was said evidence of a bulky uterus with anterior myometrial uterine fibroid. What does it mean?u

Hai, my mom age is 43 years old,she is having heavy bleeding.Doctors said like "Evidence of a bulky uterus with an anterior myometrial uterine fibroid".What does it mean?Suggest the way that is to be followed.... The doctors said they will remove uterus.Is it d only solution,or any other solutions are there? Please suggest me the best way for my mom...... I will be waiting for your reply......
Thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

A fibroid is a growth in the uterus that presents in various ways and can even affect fertility in some women if left untreated.

No a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is not the only solution, but it is the most effective solution.

There exist other options like a D&C (dilatation and currettage), electrocauterization of the fibroid, etc; but all these methods can result in formation of scar tissue and keeping the history in mind, these fibroids can recur. So the permanent solution for a woman who has completed her family and who does not want to worry about recurrences would certainly be a hysterectomy.

Hope this helped.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor