Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Heaviness in left ear, watery substance oozing from ear, hole in eardrum. Surgery required?

Dear Doctor, I feel heaviness in my left ear, a watery substance was also oz out from the ear. I consulted to my doctor, he said that there is a small hole in the eardrum . He prescribed some antibiotics and ear drops, but after taking drugs more than 6 days I still feel heaviness and sensation in my ear. Please suggest, surgery is required or it heal naturally.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Not all holes in the ear drum usually require surgery. The decision to undertake surgery involves an appreciation of a group of factors: the cause, age, hearing capacity at moment, evolution of symptoms, indication or circumstances of the hole and the general health status of the patient.
Consulting an ENT specialist is the ideal situation for him to decide. However, not all holes in the ear drum usually require surgery.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor