Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Heaviness in ear with audible heart beats, palpitation, dryness in throat, gastritis. Should cardiologist consultation be done?

Sir, I am Majaz, from India. I am here to consult about a health problem of my mom (age 50 years). some of her symptoms i would like to describe are: 1) She says that she feels her ear getting heavy.And she can almost hear her heart beat in ears. 2) Palpitation occurs and heart beat rate goes as much as 124 beats/min. 3) She feels her heart throbbing and heaviness in body and feeling of dry throat and thirst. 4) Two days ago when she went to see a physician concerning same problem, her Blood pressure was very high (210/110 mm of Hg). 5) last day it went much worst as suddenly she felt the same symptom at hike. We went to doc immediately but that time her blood pressure was (160/90 mm of hg). 6) She feels gastric problem too and she feels it somehow related to the symptoms i described. This is something happening to my mom since this week. She is in diagnosis of a general physician but that physician is not in town right now and has gone for a week. I would love to hear a suggestion from your side and would love to do as suggested. I would like to know what type of doc should i contact to diagnose my mom. Should it be a cardiologist ? It means very much to me. I wish for a quick response from your side. Thanks Majaz
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Majaz

Thank you for posting on HCM
Let me start by answering your question. Yes the best doctor to consult for your mother's condition is a cardiologist (if available in your community) or alternatively an internist.
Your mother's symptoms: palpitation, tinnitus (hearing disorder), throbbing and heaviness/weakness/fatigue and elevated BP (malignant or severe) are all likely related to a heart condition most probably hypertensive crisis ( that is not yet under control). Some blood work and imagery such as ECG and cardiac ultrasound would need to be conducted by the specialist to determine the cause of the problem. That will be of course after physically examining her to find out the cardiovascular signs.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor