Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Heat boil in bum, pus and blood on breaking it up, area has hardened, regular pus oozing. Remedy?

HI Dr.Santosh, my daughter has puss/ heat boil in her bum ( the right side one). the first day the boil broke and very small part of puss that was out side the skin broke and we cleaned it, while cleaning, ii pressed her right bum and more puss flew. (some where around 5ml) and then some amount of blood(very liquid ) came. i cleaned it . now after few days the right bum is like a stone and from the broken boil every day we see some more puss(which now i canot break). but some times it flows a bit by it self. what should i do. 3 days back a doc advised a med (advent syrup cipla and ibugesic syrup). we are giving it in vain as my daugher still has pain.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The medicines provided by your doctor are apt and you should continue with the same till lesions heal. However it seems the lesion might be deep seated and hence its better to get it drained surgically by incision and drainage. You will have to visit a surgeon nearby. A small incision would be made in the affected area and the whole abscess would be drained. With in few days after the drainage and continuation of oral antibiotics the lesion would heal.
Hope that helped
Answered: Sat, 3 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor