Heart will start racing from just simply eating to walking up the stairs, please help

my gf has been having this problem for a while now and nothing seems to turn up on tests when she goes to the hospital. Every now and then her heart will start racing from just simply eating to walking up the stairs. She then gets very tight and tense all around her body. Then her back will start to hurt along with the whole left side of her body. She says when she starts feeling anxious about the situation, she gets very nauseous. has anyone had or heard of these symptoms occurring ? Any ideas on what it could be? She did in the past do drugs (coke) and smoke pot and cigs. She is also very petite (4 10 92 lbs). She is also black.. i know that race can be an issue sometimes with the heart. Thanks for your help!
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
How long ago is the "past" of her coke history? If she's not doing it now, it could be withdrawal from drugs. Or other side-effects that come from withdrawal of drugs.