Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Heart surgery or angiogram suggested after having chest pain. Heart attack? Blocked vessels. Suggestions?

Goodmorning Sir, My brother-in-law aged 47 years, 15days back he got some chest pain and admitted in hospital for 3 days in ICU . Doctor told us, should do open heart surgery or angiogram. His condition is, blocked 3 vessels and he is getting pain but he is not sure about that pain it is heart attack or what? So can you please tell me which treatment is good for him. Thanking you sir
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
If you have being told that your brother has blocked in 3 arteries of the heart and has gone to the hospital with chest pain than surely he is suffering from Coronary Artery Disease (Acute or chronic depending on the condition of the patient).
Now the decision for Byepass Surgery or angioplasty depends on the site and length and number of the block present in the artery. Cardiologist who has done your Coronary angiography is the best person to guide you which is best for you.
Usually in multiple block of three arteries of the heart Coronary Arteries Byepass Graft Surgery is advised but lot depend on the condition and fitness of the patient.
Consult your cardiologist for better guidance.
Best Wishes
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor