Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Heart palpitations with skipped beats

Yes, I have been to a doctor and am going again very soon, I just wanted to get some personal insight. I m a healthy 22 year old male and ive been having palpitations for a couple years but all tests show nothing wrong. But lately im concerned because I m having what seems like skipped beats except i feel them right below my rib cage where my aorta is located. Has anyone else ever gotten this palpitation feeling in their stomach? trust me its not gas or just pain, it 100% coincides with my heart beat and feels the same as my heart palpitations. Thanks.
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I am sure these are exactly what you think they are,ectopics or extra beats. Most people get some,the problem is when you become aware of them and they produce anxiety as in your case. In fact as I am sure that you have been told they are both harmless and require no treatment. They can however be suppressed by either beta blockers or anti-arythmic drugs. Most cardiologists advise that the risk benefit ratio is in fact against treatment.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor