Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Heart operation for mitral valve replacement

What need I do before an open heart operation for mitral valve repairment/replacement ? I just want to get some ideas/ to hear from someone who had this kind of experience.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  335
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You will find that the team who are looking after you will give you all the info on what to do and what not to do, don't take notice of any one else and place your self in the hands of the team in charge of your case . The night before the operation is scheduled you will get a visit from a number of professionals including-- Surgeon Anaesthetist Pharmacist Physiotherapist Lab Tech --to take a blood sample to cross match 4 units of blood !! Chaplain ( if requested ) I think that is about it as I remember !! One thing you do not need is to worry !!! I have through it several times ( 3 ) Cheers Pete Oh and one more thing ! GOOD LUCK Pete
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor